Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Best Day of the Year?

posted by John Blanco @ 7:25 PM

 

It is this very night which is one of my favorite times of the year. One more day of work til Christmas break! There's so much to look forward to: 5 days off from work, presents, Christmas dinner with the family, spending time with the Yog, and playing games deep into the night!

Which gets me to thinking...what is the best day of the year? My brother, at least when he was younger, claimed it was Opening Day for football, which is usually early September. I have to say that's a good choice. :-) There are some other contenders:

Christmas morning (presents!)
Opening Day for Baseball
The day your tax refund arrives.
The first cool day of fall...no more icky summer!
Thanksgiving
Your birthday. (Fat chance after you hit 21)
Any given Friday.

Personally, I like this day. It's not Christmas yet, but I'm right on the cusp of the vacation. Still have so much to look forward to, but the whole Christmas week starts in 20 hours from now. It's almost more fun in the hours before Christmas than it is when Christmas is over...the turkey bones are drying up, gift wrapping all along the floor, gotta go back to work soon...yick.

In other news, the new Tori Amos album is coming out in February, along with her new book! Not sure about the CD, I haven't been a huge fan of Tori's since she got, well, happy. :-( Marilyn is getting married too, to a famous German strip tease performer no less, so I hope he doesn't get soft on us. (I doubt it.)

Still working on the Interpretive Christmas (IC) idea for my secret receiver. I think I know who it is, too. But, I gotta get the idea together because it involves ordering some stuff via the mail. I ordered some stuff (it's free) in advance since there's no loss if I don't need it. Pretty cool!

OK, I'm off for now. I didn't have a sore throat last night, but I did cough half the night, much to the Yog's behest. I'm hoping for a better night tonight. Come on, pleeeeeeease!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home