Thursday, December 16, 2004

MapleStory

posted by John Blanco @ 9:14 PM

 

MapleStory

So, two nights ago I was doing some game research and downloaded an old MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) to check out the tiling engine it used. And I learned a lot, but along the way, you see, I got a little addicted to actually playing it. :-) Which is just plain ironic seeing that a group of friends of mine at work have been absolutely addicted to the new World of Warcraft and I've given them shit about it.

Anyway, I was browing some forums today at work, trying to find info on my little RPG (called Odyssey), and I stumbled on a post that recommended this game, MapleStory.

Well, the graphics blew me away! Surely, this couldn't be free. These were beautiful graphics. I downloaded the 170 MB monster and sure enough, it was free. Hmmmm...I immediately quit the game since I knew this was something Michele might like...and I thought it would be fun to learn how to play together.

So, at 5:30 this evening, we started playing, and, well...4 hours later, we wrapped it up. :-) Completely addicting. Very fun game! We had a lot of fun teaching each other everything we learned. They should do this kind of thing for marriage counseling...except the Yog and I don't need no counseling. ;-)

So, I recommend it highly. Now I guess I have my own little addiction to offset the Warcraft thing I now have to put up with at work. Though, I still need to keep my eye on the ball and keep "Counterpart" going, which will be no trouble.

Ahhhh, just give me a week on that...need to...ahhhhh...play a little more..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home