Sunday, November 21, 2004

Patience, Ascent To Power, and a Splitting Headache

posted by John Blanco @ 5:20 PM

 

Today is the day Nintendo DS comes out! Michele and I played with it a bit at Best Buy yesterday, it was pretty impressive. I'm still unsure how the dual-screen and (worst of all) touch screen are accepted the mainstream. I had a bitch of a time controlling Miss Aran in Metroid...you're unable to shoot and turn at the same time, a major control oversight. But, perhaps there was a way to change the controls.

Playing an action game with a stylus is a major nightmare. But, the industry must figure out a way to translate all the analog controls of the home systems into portable success. I'm not sure if Nintendo has done it.

Worked on ATP today, got the day screen in place. The next step is a big step: actual gameplay! I need to put in the CHAT feature, which is the key to the whole game. From there, everything will hopefully fall into place in terms of the flow of the game.

Tonight, I played some Metroid Prime on GameCube, a game I was hoping to play through as I try to catch up on my current titles before investing in anything new. But...UGGGG. I got a major headache from it. MAJOR. It's a pretty game, but my mind still isn't ready for 3D games for too long a time. Perhaps it's just been so long since I'm played an FPS. (Probably, a good thing)

4 more hours left in the weekend, but this week will be a breeze. 4-day weekend coming up! Hope to get some major ATP work done, and it will start in an hour after I lie down a bit. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home