Thursday, November 18, 2004

3 Days of Coding Hell

posted by John Blanco @ 7:27 AM

 

The last 3 days, I've spent almost all of my evenings trying to get the build working for Ascent To Power...

Basically, while I've been doing software development for 10 years now, I have very little experience with the new J2ME platform. As a result, the simpel act of getting a PNG graphic to load out of a JAR is mind-boggling to me. Top that with the fact that I have very little in the way of seeing what is actually going wrong, and you see where my time was spent.

After several emails with the EclipseME developer (the Eclipse plugin responsible for building J2ME), I still couldn't find an answer and I've now switched back to good ole Antenna. Probably the smarter pick anyway, and I was even able to cut down the complexity of the build.xml file to something very simple, too.

So, tonight, I go straight to bally's after work, and then go home and get started on my screen layout for ATP. Finally, I can code again!

Today, I have heard murmurings of election fraud possibilities from BlackBoxVoting.org. They have found election tapes that have literally been THROWN AWAY and uncounted. Keeping an eye on this developing story...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home