Wednesday, November 10, 2004

America

posted by John Blanco @ 12:59 PM

 

I am not leaving!
Please hear what I said,
I am not leaving!
I’m staying where I’m at, thank-you very much.

And as long as I stand upon her soil,
She will be my land of the free.
As long as I believe what I believe,
You will see the meaning of brave!

I will not under threat of tyranny or mob,
Toss the place that I love in the ashen pile of lost causes,
And walk quietly into a meaningless mist!
No, I will stay, and you will listen.
You will not lecture me about values!
You will not receive the exclusive rights to my morality!

Please hear what I said.
For where ever I stand upon her soil,
I am the deep well of my beloved country’s finest values and highest morals,
Fairness, compassion, wisdom, strength, commonsense, tolerance,
And you shall tremble before them, for they are righteous!

So let the cheers for my demise die this night in a million throats!
Let the gloating turn to great and frightening doubt!
For I am not leaving!

My beloved country needs me now more than she ever has before.
And I pledge my allegiance to that which she still is,
And to that great and shining day that she has yet to live!

-Author unknown-

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

1. Love the poem.
2. Love the Happy Birthday Song to yourself. I've never met anyone besides my twin and myself who love our birthdays that much. hehe
3. Happy Birthday!!!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home