Sunday, October 31, 2004

A quiet Halloween

posted by John Blanco @ 7:45 PM

 

Wouldn't have noticed that today was Halloween. After waking up at a respectable 9 AM (including the time change), Michele and I had some breakfast and then went to her brother's new apartment to check it out.

After playing an assortment of video games (Rayden wins!), we came back and watched some football and then skipped to the in-laws place to check out Baby James's (our nephew, Michele's side) first Halloween outfit. He was dressed as a Monkey. Very cute. :-)

Played with him a bit...he walks now...then watched the Bronco game and, oh dear lord, they got embarrassed for the second week in a row. This doesn't bode well.

We were going to eat dinner at NY Deli, but because of the weather we just stayed local and had some dinner at Johnny Carino's. The wait staff was dressed up, but it was a quiet crowd there, only a few tables occupied. We gorged as usual.

Came home and all the trick-or-treaters had passed I guess, because no one was around. Much like last year. I need to do some research on trick-or-treatin'ing, cause when I was a kid I'd see people everywhere, but nowadays no one is out. They go to a lot of malls, etc. Very odd.

Well, my fantasy team is getting spanked again...and I had such a good start to the day, too. It doesn't help that a full 33% (3 players) of my team have a combined total of 0 points due to injury or "dear god throw me the damn ball"-itis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home