Thursday, October 21, 2004

SOX WIN IT!!!!!!!!

posted by John Blanco @ 8:48 AM

 

I tired...I really, really tried! And I succeeded in not posting anything about the Sawx after they won game #2 and really had a glimmer of a shot to come back...and THEY DID IT! Now I can release!!!

The Red Sox, after being down 3 games to none, that's 3-0, to the Yankees, came back and WON THE SERIES and they ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I DESPISE the Yankees, and it was so great to see them suffer. No team in the history of baseball has ever lost a series after being up 3 games to none. But the Yankees are the first, and it happened to the Red Sox! This is unbelievable!

The sports community is calling it the "greatest choke of all time" and I agree. It's never happened, and it happened for the first time to the Yankees! The vaunted Yankees! YES!!!!!

So, now it's been 4 years since the Yankees have won the title. Not sure why they said 6 on the radio. Duh. The lats time the Yankees won a World Series seems like ages ago! But, I remember it like it was yesterda-a-a-a-y:

I lived at Village at Bear Creek. Actually, I was living with my ex- then so it was really, really bad times. (Looooong hideous horror story there) I remember that for the first game, some friends were going haunted housing, but I couldn't go cause I had to see my beloved Mets play the Yanks in the Series. We lost 4-1, but it was a pretty close series...each game was decided by only a run or so, but the Yankees were mostly on the plus side. :-(

But since then: 0 championships. In only a couple more years, we'll start to see more players from the late-90's championship teams start to really get up there in age, like Bernie Williams and Mariano Rivera. The players who are replacing these guys (Giami for Martinez, Sheffield for O'Neal, etc...) are not "winners" like the other other players were. They put up bigger numbers even, but they are not winners. And THAT is the difference. The Yankee $$$ keeps them competitive, but it's all fake. And once the entire core is gone, they will be left with overpriced millionaires and no minor league talent. A great day!

OK, I'll come off my soap box. For now, the Red Sox are set and stacked for the Series. They have Pedro and Schilling and 3 days to rest after tearing up their bullpen. This could be the year the curse is lifted!!! I can't wait to see Boston's reaction if they win it. They must be nuts there today. Oh, man!

As for Bite Size Studios, I got the Version Control System and Java IDE in line. I'll be using Subversion for the CVS and Eclipse for development. I'm very excited about both choices, as this is far superior to CVS and a text editor. :-) I look forward to learning everything about Eclipse, slowly but surely. I'm working on my Motoboat demo now.

Also, I saw a woman at the corner of Hampden and University this morning holding a sign, "Al Qaeda loves Kerry." This made me physically ill. People are so naive. This is just Neo-Con rhetoric with no basis of fact. And it's hypocracy to boot:

Over the last 3 years, Bush has fed us lines such as, "We must go about our days the way we always have. The terrorists want to disturb our routine, and if we let them, they win." So, we don't want to let the terrorist influence how we live our lives. But now, Bush is telling us that "The terrorists want Kerry to win, so we must vote Bush!"

So, what, even though we want to vote Kerry we must vote for Bush because that's what the terrorists want? I'm confused.

2 more weeks for these terror-mongers and then it's time to get a president in there that cares about the people. This fascism must fall. I really fear what 4 more years of Bush will do to us, but I am confident that he will fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home