Friday, November 26, 2004

National Treasure: 4 Blancos

posted by John Blanco @ 9:06 PM

 

The world doesn't seem right. Two good movies in a row? Surely, the moons don't align?

We went out with Michele's workmate and friend, Jessica, and her boyfriend, Jason, (cool people) to the Molly Brown house today. A very neat interior, especially the front room. $6.50 per person, so if you like history and the like, I recommend it.

Afterwards, and this is a strange story, Michele and I recommend our favorite Denver eatery: New York on 17th. It's a NY deli, with a wait-staff eatery as well. I always get the Roast Beef and Cheddar and my god I forget how great Boors Head meats really are until I let their sandwiches jog my memory!

So, we go to the door but notice that the front door has changed. OK. Walk down the sidewalk to the *new* entrance and we're greeted and asked if we want Lunch or Dinner. Ummm...we prolly shoulda asked what the difference is but we just say, "Dinner."

Well, as we go to our table we notice that the tables all have long black tablecloths and all the pictures of old NY Daily News back-page covers are missing. Hmm. We sit down and as we're looking through the menus Michele and I notice that the menu is different. And the name of the place isn't NY on 17th! What the hell?

In a fit of panic, we're all like, "Ummm, do you wanna go somewhere else?" and the waiter notices our displeasure and says, "Oh, you probably want the lunch menus." Turns out, NY on 17th sold their soul and is now a lunch/dinner restaurant. No deli counter. No more fun atmosphere. Our waiter seemed depressed, too. The place was empty. It was all very strange and although the food I had was just as good as before (though it's now called the "Guilliani" and that makes me so angry cause I hate that fucker now), I can't call it my favorite eatery anymore.

Congratulations, Croc's Bar and Grill, you get the crown back.

Afterwards, we headed to the theaters to see National Treasure. It's another Jerry Bruckenheimer "Haven't I heard this theme music before?" flic. But, it was very, very good. The action starts quickly, and never stops. Lots of nice plot twists, and the only plot error happens in the first 5 minutes. By the time the movie's over, you've long forgotten about it.

How *do* they track that ship down in the arctic anyway? I dunno, maybe I just missed it...Oh, almost forgot, as another perc, Jessica had free passes to the movie thanks to her connected brother. FREE MOVIE!

I'll share Jason's alien story with you in a future blog. For now, I need to rest my feet. Tomorrow, we're headed to the Denver Zoo and I have to be ready.

Can't wait to see my favorite otter again. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home