Friday, November 26, 2004

Worst Metal Songs Ever - and Civil War @ the Blanco's

posted by John Blanco @ 12:25 PM

 

Michele and I just finished watching a VH-1 special on the Top 40 worst metal songs ever. On this list were many songs and bands that Michele spent her teen years (and some after) listening to. So sad. There were three songs on the list that I disagreed with:

Marilyn Manson's "Don't Like the Drugs"
Rammstein's "Du Hast"
Europe's "Final Countdown"

This last song Michele refers to as quite "gay." I think she is mistaken. Nay, I know it! The song is quite singable, and Michele is a fat-head for not liking it. A FAT-HEAD!

Let me say something about Michele. Michele has CD's by Slayer, Cinderella, and Loverboy in her collection. Not to mention Whitesnake, White Lion, and Warrant. I hardly think of her as a music critic. She should be ashamed. All of this is true.

As I type, she is mocking "The Final Countdown" again. Sadly, the song is stuck in her head and she still can't admit to the fact that she likes (LOVES) the song and therefore finds it quite "hetero."

Michele's the kind of girl who lifts up her shirt at metal concerts. I'll post pictures if possible. Don't let her innocent facade fool you.

As for Marilyn, the man rocks. And perhaps the video was a little odd -- it was done in his "Dope Show" era of looking like an alien -- it is still a rocking song with a great riff...ala "The Final Countdown" and "Du Hast".

Oh yeah, and "Du Hast!" That song fucking rulez! I remember hearing it for the first time on "120 Minutes" and instantly fell in love. Regrettably, I fell for the post-Columbine "those kids listened to Rammstein" rhetoric and chucked the CD, but it's so good I've even contemplated buying it again. "Du Hast" is an industrial classic.

OK, back to my vacation...

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Actually, no---I have removed that dreadful song from my memories!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home