Monday, October 04, 2004

One week til Amanda and Joed's big day!

posted by John Blanco @ 6:42 AM

 

In one week our friends Amanda and Joed are getting married and wow, the day has jumped on everyone faster than expected! When they were at our wedding, it was like "This will be you in a few months..." Now, it's here?? Michele and I have been married almost 6 months now. Incredible!

But now it's there turn, so in true male fashion I'll likely check my closet for appropriate dress sometime this week, hopefully by Friday. :-) It will be nice to go to a wedding again where it's no ours. I've been to three other weddings (Ya get off easy when you abandon your home state at 20), but I haven't appreciated them now that I've had my own. Can't wait to see what they have arranged. I wonder if the Fly-boy has anything fighter-jet-related? ;-)

Today, Al, Sam, and I are meeting to discuss project plans for the J2ME project. I'm psyched and ready to go. I got Tetris on my phone this week, so both of my personal projects are playable! Not a bad piece of work, though the internals need some help. Luckily, Tetris development is done and there's no need to clean up...just learn the lessons.

Today is the last possible day to register for Colorado elections. I hope everyone registers and, hopefully, more people than not vote for Kerry. Not sure what I'll do if Bush cons his way to another win this time around. I'm hopeful though. If the Dry Al Gore can "deserve" the win over Bush 4 years ago, and this election is seeing huge increases in voter registration (likely pro-Kerry), than can Bush really stand a chance? Lop on a humiliating defeat in the first debate and two upcoming debates which will feature Kerry's more "sensible" plans on energy and the environment...and uh oh for W.

Fantasy League not going well this week. Pray for a 6-touchdown performance from jamal Lewis tonight. (eeeeeps)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home