Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Maze Generation

posted by John Blanco @ 6:54 PM

 

I was at work the other day when a workmate of mine, Tim, comes up to my desk with a book. He says, "I saw your post on the DJUG (Denver Java Users Group) looking for J2ME guys. I won this book last week and thought you could use it cause I won't." He hands me this J2ME Gaming book! Sweet! Free book! And just what I needed too! Thanks Tim!

So, I'm still waiting to find a graphic designer. Three candidates, three less than enthusiastic responses. I even tried posting on Guru.com, but you need to offer some sort of salary to do that. Perhaps if I am still having trouble finding somebody inb a few days, I will just post a job with a fake salary, and just explain to the responders that the $$$ is there but it's just not in salary form. :-)

For now, I will play with J2ME some more and take on a first project: maze generation. I'm going to write a maze generator with my own mind. OK, I'll type the code...but, I won't rely on any known algorithms. I will do this to test out my algorithmic abilities, seeing that someday I'll have to figure this stuff out on my own. Should be fun!

Michele made dinner tonight. Yumm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home