Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Chess -- is deader than dead.

posted by John Blanco @ 12:36 PM

 

Dear Diary,

I'm in the process of making some re-prioritizations in my life. After 2 years of chess study, some months of it pretty vigorous, I've decided to take the lessons learned from the experience and apply them to something more productive and fun.

I've decided to start my own company!

I am putting together a video game development team as we speak. Even though I've created quite a few games in the past, I've decided that going with the team approach is what will help me reach my goal: profitability. Imagine being able to do something you love, and make money at the same time?

I have a "sound guy" (Sam O'Daniel, of CorAccess fame) and may have found a "graphics guy" last night. I'd like to find another Java guy, like myself, but I need to find the perfect candidate since I'll be working uber-close with that person.

I'm very excited. Since the goal is to make more advanced games than I have in the past, orders of magnitude better, I am essentially entering the field anew. I'm learning the art of game design from the ground up. Just 2 years ago (actually more), I was doing the same with chess and I ended up being a very good player. I can do the same here.

I'll be starting in the J2ME market. In other words, games for mobile phones. This will be a lot of fun because the market is almost brand new and is begging for a killer game. And *we* will make it!

It's a whole new world for me right now. Whoo!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home