Friday, September 24, 2004

The Final Link!

posted by John Blanco @ 7:01 AM

 

Meetup: Organizing local interest groups.

Our little gaming group finally has a graphic artist, and wh0000t! It was getting a bit exhausting finding someone interested in our venture, but it's done and now it's time for the real fun part!!!

While we work to formulate a full game design for our first project, we all have our tasks. Notably, Sam needs to get his Mac OS X environment ramped up to J2ME. This may be tricky because there's no "official" support from Sun for the platform. However, there are enough resources on the Web explaining how to get it to work with a little bit of manual labor.

I'm still getting myself in the J2ME groove as well. I'm working on an initial project that I mentioned earlier, the maze generator. I'm going to make a full mini-game where you must solve maze after maze. The mazes are randomly generated, and the game will never end. Just a simple demo.

The link up top is highly recommended. Al clued me in to it. Basically, if ya ever wanted to join a club of common interests, it's a good way to go. I got hooked up with a local Denver game programmers group and I hope to have some good fun there. Can't wait for the Nintendo Ds groups to start appearing. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger John Blanco said...

Ninja Idiot is cool! Oh well, it turns out that it's already used. :-( An old webcomic used it. Insane. Too bad too, the three of us were in agreement with it and it was set to be our name!

Still need one...

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home