Friday, January 23, 2009

Obama Life, South Beach, and Other Musings

posted by John Blanco @ 8:04 AM

 



It's only a few days into the Obama Presidency, and I find I still need to pinch myself. :-) So far, we have Gitmo closing, torture ending (including so-called "harsh negotiations"), and an end to some of these federal bans on abortion funding.

He's had as good a three days as I could have imagined. Hillary got a great welcome at the State Department, and she gave a rousing indication of where she's going to take them. He had some positive calls with Muslim countries. He even spoke some fluent Indonesian with a State worker, haha!

In fact, I will even refuse to say the 4-letter named ex-President on this blog for quite a long while.

Prediction: Obama captures bin Laden in his first term.

...

It's official, Cedric is addicted. Nay, a-d-d-i-c-t-e-d to Elmo. :-) He is very excited to watch Elmo's World videos, at least twice a day, and he absorbs them like a sponge. Either Michele or I try to watch with him, since we don't want to just sit him there...but, man he loves it. :-)

Wow, he's gonna be 2 years old in less than 2 months. Wow. Wow.

...

Today marks the end of a pretty arduous streak of work. One of my clients will take a break (gosh I hope) after the day, and then I can focus on my OTHER client starting Monday. I also have a lot of extra time to put in at the day job. Trying to manage it all, and I think I'm doing a decent job. Yeesh!

...

Today is Day 7 of a reversion to South Beach Phase 1. South Beach is a forever diet. I've been on Phase 3, but it started to get out of control and I was feeling pretty darn flabb-o-rific. So, I reverted to the strict Phase 1 for a while. I'll finish out the week today. I think I've shed about 6 pounds this week. Didn't have too rough a time, either, since my body is used to it. I even had some BBQ this week (but no buns or extra sauce or sides!).

...

OK, guess what? Back to work. Story of my week. :-/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home