Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'm Going to Read Tolkien

posted by John Blanco @ 6:36 AM

 

After reading through so many trilogies and other book series...Harry Potter, Golden Compass, Eragon, The Bartimaeus Trilogy...there is one trilogy I haven't read that I've decided to for 2009:

The Lord of the Rings

Yes, I'll read it. If you don't know, I've read The Hobbit (and liked it), but when I tried to read the first book in the series, Fellowship, I was generally bored. In fact, fun trivia, I met Michele while I was reading it back in 2002. On one of our early dates, I scrapped the book and we watched the movie instead. Never got back to it, and in fact, disliked the book so much I gave it away to someone.

Well, now, I'm a lot more well-read on fantasy books, so I'm gonna give it another shot. We'll see how it goes. I start Monday. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had a hard time getting through the first one, too. The second and third books flew by, though. Well worth the effort.

5:09 PM  
Blogger John Blanco said...

Better be. :-)

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home