Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Who's Mistake Am I Anyway?

posted by John Blanco @ 8:13 AM

 

On the heels of Marilyn's new album, it's inspired me to listen to what I think is the best album of all time, Marilyn's 1996 epic Antichrist Superstar.



Smeared by most of the media, this album is clearly one of the best ever created. Yes, really. I'd put this album up against any other: 16 tracks divided into 3 cycles. Amazingly intelligent lyrics and no album will give you a bigger introspection into the human psyche -- and your own.

Some of my favorite lyrics follow. The whole album must be listened to, in order...but, they still stand up on their own. Albeit, they sound like I might be suicidal. :-) I assure you I'm a well-adjusted guy. ;-)


I can't believe in the things that don't believe in me.



Anti-people now you've gone too far. Here comes your Antichrist Superstar.



Let's just kill everyone and let your god sort them out. Fuck it.



You cannot sedate all the things you hate.



The beautiful people, the beautiful people, it's all relative to the size of your steeple. Capi-tal-ism has made it this way; old-fashioned fascism will take it away.



Without the threat of death there's no reason to live at all.



There is a dream inside a dream, I'm wide awake the more I sleep, you'll understand when I'm dead.



I went to God just to see; and I was looking at me; saw heaven and hell were lies; when - I'm - God - everyone - dies.



Repent, that's what I'm talking about. Who's mistake am I anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home