Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Journey Is On Rails!

posted by John Blanco @ 2:35 PM

 

A new project has been born today as I stew away in sickly sludge. Journey is on Rails!

Journey is a new Web site I am putting together as a way to extend the fitness craze at Fiserv. Our steps-per-8-weeks competition is in the 2nd half, and many of u have expressed interest in continuing with our pedometers after that. Journey will enable that.

Journey goes beyond a mere step-counting site. It is not about steps as much as it is about journeys. You choose a journey in the beginning and then as you log your steps, those steps translate to miles. Those miles, then, our translated to geography. Want to travel across Europe? Now you can. Virtually. :-)

The first available journey will be Los Angeles to New York, fittingly. I hope to have the site ready in several week of time. I am developing it using Ruby on Rails. It is my first project with it, but I still expect it to go quickly. At least, the v1.0 of Journey. :-) There will also be a Flash element as well, but I will leave that as a surprise. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home