Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back From Drinking Liberally

posted by John Blanco @ 8:45 PM

 



Wow, that was a fun Wednesday evening! :-) Went downtown to Double Daughter for our first Drinking Liberally event. Simply had to -- my Web hero Markos Moulitsas was there! He runs Daily Kos, which gets over 1 MILLION unique visitors -- per day! And it's frickin' awesome is what. :-)

We got there about a quarter to 8. Anthony and Sarah were already there, along with Kyle. The first person I ran into was a fellow named Phil. We know each other from Amazin' Avenue, a NY Mets blog, and we met in person at Drinking Liberally since we're both libs who found the blog through the Kos.

Damon came in soon after...but the place was PACKED! We were clinging to the top of the stairs and chatting...and a few minutes later, Markos came in. He'd been signing at Tattered Cover, the great bookstore in downtown Denver.

After about a half hour, and a drink, we decided to go for our picture. We waited on a little line and then got our books signed and got our group picture. :-) Markos was a really nice guy! And even though I was, of course, the biggest Kos fan cause I had the T-shirt, the Young Dems got and gave the love. ;-)

Don't bark at me Anthony and Viiiiiiincen, get the T-shirt, then we can talk!!! :-)

So, aside from the fact that Michele and I had to pee something wicked the entire time we were there, and never did, it was a great night. We also got solicited for weed outside the place. I was sorry to dissapoint the gentleman, but it turned out he was a Mets fan (Hey, he knew they were 10-4, so he had to be a real Met fan), so it was all good.

(As you can see in the pic, I had my Mets hat on.)

Man...weird...think about it...I'm all excited cause I went to a bar to meet a...blogger. And I got his autograph. And I'm super excited. And he's a hero to me. :-)

Welcome to 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home