Saturday, March 11, 2006

On Being Vice President and Doctor Chopping

posted by John Blanco @ 7:09 AM

 

Been a weird week. Firstly, Chess Avatara down-shifted into a low priority project whilst I get my sanity back and free up some time for other activities.

Avatara may have a future, it may not -- if I come up with some good ideas then it may, but for now I'll only work on it when I'm in the mood. (And there will be times.)

With that, I open up more free times for my two passions, politics and chess.

On Wednesday, we met with Bill Winter and I'm definitely excited about helping him out when the time comes. But, during the meeting, we also held elections and I was nominated for and won the Vice Presidency of the Jeffco Young Dems!

I'm definitely very proud. I've come a good ways since joining the group not even a year ago. We're still a small group, but we've all grown close and we're still slowly expanding...and in an election year, it should get easier!

Now this weekend, I begin my regimen for chess. I'll start going through some books, and maybe identify my first tourney. I'll have to register for USCF (United States Chess Federation) and CSCA (Colorado State Chess Association), but I'll do that when it's time.

I have a lot to catch up on!

In eBay news...I've sold three DS games and bought a SuperDisk drive...so Jabber is coming soon to a ZETA system near you. ;-)

And finally, the highlight of the week. I had some "chopping" done to my neck. Let's just call it some clean-up work. ;-) I haven't had a medical procedure done in eons, but this one was pretty easy I guess. I'm definitely lighter, let's just say.

Yowch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home