Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Next Frontier? Zeta!

posted by John Blanco @ 6:09 PM

 



Anyone who reads this blog probably has no idea about a certain part of my past. In the early 2000's, I worked with an alternative OS called BeOS. I wrote three applications for it -- all very good and very useful, including a Jabber client -- and even got one of the rare jobs in America writing BeOS software. (Qubit Technology)

Now, let me tell you, every time I even say BeOS, I get warm fuzzies. What I don't like is that I can't link it for you because even the Web site is long gone. :-(

Luckily, a company by the name of yellowTab has picked up the source and ran with it!

One day at work, a man named Frank, from yellowTab, IM'd me out of the blue and asked me about some of my prior software. He offered to send me Zeta, the OS, for free, and I accepted.

This was over a month ago -- today, it arrived. :-) So, this could be a glimpse into my future. Will my old apps make it on to the new platorm? Will I go back to C++ development? Will Chess Avatara fail spectacularly, leaving me to make a run at the Zeta platform?

Will Zeta hire me as an Applications Developer? ;-)

For now, I have something to play with...and it will bring back some good memories. The first thing I will install is Firefox for Zeta. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home