Saturday, December 24, 2005

"I Don't Care" - Russ Feingold

posted by John Blanco @ 4:32 PM

 

Political analyst Larry Sabato commented on Senator Feingold's viability in the 2008 Presidential election in an article that came out today.

"Political watchers such as University of Virginia professor Larry Sabato point out that while Feingold's recent stands on civil liberties and the Iraq war may please liberal activists, they may well hurt his chances later on with moderate Democrats and conservatives. "

The Senator's response?

"I don't care,"... "Whatever political considerations I have are absolutely irrelevant to the decisions I make having to do with people's civil liberties and something as weighty as Americans risking their lives overseas. The day that I start think politically about those things is the day I should leave politics."

This is the embodiment of what we should demand from our political leaders. Decision making and real leadership sans politics. Just imagine if all our leaders acted like this rather than worrying non-stop about their political futures.

And, I still think that the Senator can be President in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home