Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Getting Up Off the Mat

posted by John Blanco @ 8:14 AM

 

Wow...this post-cabin week has been a challenge. I'm still a little sleep-deprived despite an 11-hour sleep on Sunday night. We had to do $210.00 worth of food shopping last night since our fridge was near-empty. I still have to buy vacuum bags and a new AC Adapter for our phone. (By the way, if you've tried calling us since Friday, tough luck.) And, I have to work til 8 PM tonight so some things just can't get done.

Well, maybe I'll send Michele out for the vacuum bags tonight. :-)

We're still in a push at work, so I am working late a couple nights this week. Since I haven't been able to go to the gym the last 2 weeks, I've decided to change my schedule and start going to the gym here at work. (Bally's) I got the membership because I worked in the same building as this Bally's, but I ended up going to the one near my house with the Yog. Now's the time to switch up as I haven't had any time recently. A nice half hour to separate the work day and overtime will do the trick. :-)

As for my leisure work, I'm currently focusing on UML and Counterpart. Counterpart has a completed title screen and 5 levels. More is needed. I have 4 weeks to finish it to complete my goal of a Febuary release. As for UML, it's going smoothly.

I should also be hearing about pay adjustments this month at work. One thing that will definitely happen is that with the merger we're getting better insurance plans. I might save myself $150 a month!!! The big meeting is tomorrow. So, even if my pay isn't increased, I'm sure to be taking home a few more bucks each paycheck.

But I'll take the pay hike, too. ;-)

OK...now, back to work for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home