Saturday, January 22, 2005

Sweet Relief!

posted by John Blanco @ 8:26 PM

 

Another day of hell. Worked 5.5 hours today. At least I got free Chipotle and Krispy Kreme out of it. :-) Tomorrow is my DAY OFF.

SWEET RELIEF! (hence the title)

Tomorrow, I enjoy my day off with my Yog. We're headed to the Denver Art Museum and the Cheesecake Factory. :-) Pam is sooooo jealous! :-P

Oh, I should note...we've been playing Pikmin 2 lately, one of the games we got for Christmas. Pikmin is an incredible series. While there's less novelty factor in the sequel, the gameplay and 2 new Pikmin make it fantastic. There's plent of new stuff to make this game great. 5 Blanco! 5! 5! 5!!!

We play Windwaker next. Probably gonna take another month to get past Pikmin 2 though. Especially on my work schedule lately.

Working on the title screen for Counterpart. This includes the title graphic as well as the options for playing the game.

Also, finished my UML book today. :-) I haven't "mastered" the UML yet of course...but, now I have all the tools to start using it EVERY DAY. I need to set on that course immediately...and I will.

My next topic of study will be...PIXEL ART!!!! WHOO HOOO EEEEEE!!!! This will be EXTREME fun! I've been wanting to learn this stuff since I wrote my first computer game in college! Years of searching for graphic artists has come to this: I will do it myself. Pixel art is a, well, an art. I'll leave fancier graphics for Michelski, but I'm going to tackle the 16x16 character. :-)

Incidentally, the prior Counterpart screenshot is my own work...with the help of a tutorial that taught me how to make the blue wall tile. I tried to reuse the same techniques for the other color tiles...I think it came out well. But, the bigger challenge is what comes next: the main character. But...

I CAN'T WAIT. ;-)

OK, let's wind this down...what else...well, had a nice breakfast with the Yog with our new egg frier...worked again...free Chipotle...ordered in pizza for dinner...played Pikmin...now time to relax.

This week will be another doozy. Gotta work about 12 extra hours (I did 17 extra this week), then Friday through Sunday is Estes Park! Yeah! Well, I'll give details on that tomorrow...

Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home