Wednesday, December 08, 2004

All About Taliant Software

posted by John Blanco @ 6:52 AM

 

I feel like I haven't talked much about my job in the past couple months, so I should make up for it all in one blog entry.

First, let me tell you what I do. I'm a software developer and have been for my entire 6-year working career. I've been doing it since I was a kid, about 12 or 13. Development is pretty much in my blood.

My career is actually divided up into two parts: leisure work and professional work. My professional work includes work on limited-computing devices, such as Web Pads and in-home security systems. I also started out my career working on, errr, spamming machines. :-) Well, it was called "E-mail Publication" back then, but we all had our suspicions. Let's just say we put more effort in sending out the E-mail rather than satisfy the people who complained about it.

In my leisure time, I've mostly done games. Mostly siple versions really...I've redone SpaceWar, SNAFU (called it DTM), Pong II: The Shift Into Hell, Tetris (cell phone), Maze (cell phone), and a series of questionable text adventure games. :-) Aside from games, I also wrote three BeOS applications, one of which I sold quite successfully. (The others were free.)

Today, I work at Taliant Software. We write insurance software. Currently, we are working on a 2-year+ progrect called PowerComp which an EJB/Flash Workers' Compensation system. I work on the Flash tier, which is a lot of fun. Flash is what you play most of your online Web games in. :-) I've been using it for 3 years now and I enjoy it very much.

So, today is our Holiday Office Lunch. Our building hosts a lunch in the annals of the building for the holidays (go figure). This year we're having Mexican. Don't ask. But, it's all catered and very well done and I'll take the free lunch!!!

Oh, and the Christmas party is this Friday...and Michele has been looking forward to it for a full year. They're gonna have a chocolate fountain again! Yes, a chocolate fountain. Think the Stanley Cup, with chocolate pouring out of the top, and lots of marshmallows, cheesecake, and strawberries laying around with skewers. :-)

Ohhhhhhhh, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home