Monday, December 06, 2004

Bye Bye, Internet Explorer

posted by John Blanco @ 7:30 AM

 

So, I've finally made the switch to FireFox this morning. Here at work, my IE gets slam-basted with popup ads. And I got tired of it. FireFox has made great strides with Mozilla and now I'm using here at work...instead of just for WML access...

FireFox is a new Web browser with the great feature of extentions. There are so many written. You can customize your browser in so many ways, and ad-based software isn't prepped to attack it. This is because Microsoft designs their software to be INC-friendly, while Mozilla is not. Mozilla will not tolerate popup ads, so if it ever becomes a problem...it will soon be fixed!

Right now I have FireFox and the Blogger extention, so I can do everything I did before. Browsing is faster (better network code I suspect) and the look of the page is 98% as close as IE. Very, very cool.

Highly recommended.

I will switch at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home