Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Sick Feeling is Back!

posted by John Blanco @ 9:35 PM

 

Well, there we go, the Broncos absolutely blew their game against the Raiders and lost 25-24. So many chances to win, including 2 directly in the last 30 seconds, but not to be. They lose to the hated Raiders, in Denver, during a blizzard. Nice.

The last time I felt this sick over a game was last year against the Patriots when they had a seemingly insurmountable lead revoked in the last minutes. This one is worse because of what it means: the Broncos must win next week, or goodbye playoffs. A sickening thought really, since next week is in San Diego.

If they lose, their division hopes are ruined (to the Chargers??) and the AFC is much too competitive to be hoping for a Wild Card spot, especially when you have games against the Chiefs, Colts, and Titans left!

No matter what, this either really makes the Colts game that we're going to on Jan. 2nd very crucial, or about to be meaningless.

Well, more than that happened today, even if it's hard to remember now through the pain. We saw "The Empire Strikes Back," which I found to be a very good movie that didn't seem to go anywhere. I mean, what did they accomplish? They lost their base, Luke lost a hand (miraculously reincarnated however), and the pinnacle scene of Skywalker vs. Vader ended up in a forfeit. How's that for anti-climactic?

But I guess that's why they call it "The Empire Strikes Back," eh?

I'd have been a bit dissapointed leaving the theater in 1980 seeing that I'd waited 3 years for this sequel and nothing really happened. Then, I'd have to have waited 3 more years to see some sort of conclusion. That's a lot of time. :-)

Tomorrow night I hope we get to see "Return of the Jedi" and then finally we'll know the story. I know I've seen parts of these three original films, but I think I mostly spent my life acknowledging that I've seen them rather than realize I've only seen part of them and I know butkis about the story! I'll probably need to see the first two episodes again, but not now.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how I'll make it to work tomorrow. I'll prolly stroll in very late...giving the ice a chance to melt. The streets outside my house are in terrible condition!

My gosh, I still can't get over this horrible loss! If the Broncos don't win the division but get a Wild Card, they will likely face the Colts again in Indy just like last year, when they got spanked!!! AKKK! As it is now, they absolutely must defeat the Chargers and Dolphins and Chiefs and Titans...4 in a row...to have a good shot. You have to expect a loss against the Colts (and hope for the best playing them). That would leave them at 11-5. The Chargers, assuming the Broncos can beat them next week, would have a couple gimmes against Tampa and Cleveland, but then would also have to fact Indy and KC. It'll be very tight.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home