Saturday, December 04, 2004

A Perfect Day.

posted by John Blanco @ 7:07 PM

 

Today was a perfect day!

Woke up to some eggs and an english muffin. Well, OK, I made it. :-) Scrambled for the Yog, omelette w/ cheese for me. Then, at 10, we leave for Manitou. Quick background:

Last year we headed to Manitou Springs for the weekend. I had a chess tournament there, so we got a hotel with an in-room jacuzzi for a couple nights. I played my chess, and we hit some local historical spots, shopping, and food outside of that. We had so much fun and did so much Christmas shopping in that quaint little town we decided to make it an annual thing.

Well, due to Michele being sent to the ER a few weeks ago, and the pending bill, we decided it wasn't wise to do the stay-over. But, we went for the day and, well...back to the story...

So we head on down and it's an easy drive. We do some shopping and we got so much stuff! Our whole list is pretty much done! YES! Then, we enjoy a snack at the Chocolate Factory. I found myself a chocolate-covered Rice Krispies Treat, and Michele gets a Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Cone.

YUMMMM!

Do some more shopping and then we cap the venture with our favvvvvvvvvvvvvvorite BBQ place in the world. Chuck's. And it was delicious! Wow! There was also a group of carolers who stopped in to sing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" and added that they wanted some fig pudding. Blech! But they were good. It was like being in "Groundhog Day". :-)

Drive on back, no problems there either...and just before getting home, I stop for my way long overdue haircut. AHHHH. Brilliant!

Michele had to go help her mom babysit her nephew, so I got out to Bally's...always excellent...and then come back to wrap all the gifts we bought today, pay some bills, and caught up to everything. Now, I am enjoying the CU-Oklahoma Big 12 Championship. Well, not quite enjoying, CU is getting crushed. But, just relaxing here, blogging on the laptop, and working on some re-design for ATP. (I'll explain later)

Michele gets home in an hour, then we do some late-night supermarketing. It's a smooth life. :-)

Tomorrow, we head to Castlerock for Barbie-making. Should be a blast! What will I make? OHHH. Should I go with the gang-bang Barbie, or it that too obvious? Hmmm, perhaps I'll make her look like one of my Lillith ladies...PJ Harvey? Beth Hart? Tori? OHHH! Maybe I'll make her a little Marilyn Manson chick.

Hmmm, that just might work! A literal "Marilyn" Manson. :-) We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home