Monday, April 24, 2006

Operation: Advance

posted by John Blanco @ 9:53 PM

 

Operation: Advance is a big step in my chess playing career. This is the first time I am forcing myself to step forward and take on the tougher competition. It's a long time coming, and should have done it earlier.

Oddly enough, the idea came about whilst playing DDR. I noticed that when I moved up to Standard mode, from Light, I couldn't handle it. But I forced myself to do it...I knew it would come to me. And it did.

So, why not do it in chess? So, on Red Hot Pawn, I am forcing myself to play 1600+ players. And I am going to keep a separate record of how I do. I will measure my wins as we go...and we'll start with the first until I start getting consistent wins -- then I will move up to 1700's.

The days of playing down to competition are over. Time to let them teach me. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home