Friday, April 21, 2006

Racine's

posted by John Blanco @ 8:59 PM

 

Michele and I joined in on our first Denver Restaurant Review Club tonight, and it was a yummy start. :-)

We went to the new Racine's, since moved from Bannock St., and prolly not that new...but new to us. It was Michele and I, Dorrie from work (the one running the show), and 5 of her friends (Jen, Chris, Kelly, Kate, and Mihish (sp?)).

I went with the NY Strip Steak and Michele had the Chicken Fried Chicken. Michele was feel awfully ill, but she was determined to make it since we had traffic troubles last month and missed the event. She's a trooper!

One highlight of the night for me, from a food perspective, was that I tried guacamole for the first time. it was really damn good. :-) Don't ask why I never tried it...but Racine's had the most UNBELIEVABLY GOOD chips and salsa...and the guac was right there for me. ;-) Delicious. I'll try more in the future.

What a great evening! All of the new people were so friendly! One girl, Kate, is from Jersey and we talked a lot about that. Many of them work with Dorrie's husband, who couldn't make it tonight because he's in Fruita, and were developers and/or testers.

So many QA people surround me. I feel so overwhelmed. ;-)

...

Well, Michele has gone right to bed. Hopefully she feels better tomorrow, because we have tentative movie plans (prolly getting scrapped) and evening plans with Mobat -- which involves a certain delicious Italian buffet. I can't believe Michele will be up for it, but we still want to see Mobat, so...get well soon, Yog!

I'm staying up late to watch the Met game on ESPN Gamecast. 1-1 right now. Bannister won't get the win, which is bad for my fantasy league, but he pitched well yet again.

OK...gonna work on some Avatara now whilst I watch. Have a good weekend, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home