Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What's Up, John?

posted by John Blanco @ 7:23 AM

 

It's interesting to see the progression of my blog over the last almost 2 years. I used to blog all the time about events in my life, now it seems most of my blogs are short entries: pictures, political statements, etc.

But every so often, I do need to post about what's going on...and since it's been a while, here's an update.

...


My mom is doing much better these days, even if she doesn't return my calls. ;-) She's finally stayed out of this hospital and has had a good block of recovery time. I'll get more updates tonight.

Whislt Chess Avatara is less of a priority now, I'm still working on it. I have a definitive list of the minimal things necessary to get the system playable and fun...without ALL the bells and whistles. Once I get there, I'll be able to take the next step.

I'm studying chess again...beginning with The Art of the Middlegame by Reuben Fine. I have a lot of review to do, but it's all fun. :-)

I've solved Phoenix Wright and am now playing Final Fantasy II. Been fun so far!

Over the weekend, Michele and I went to the Esquire Theatre to see "Why We Fight" with Linn and Damon. We also ran into our friends Dorrie and Mike, who were there as well. Great documentary, I'd recommend it. It's all about the "military-industrial complex" and a great insight into, well, why we fight.

At work, we're getting our 2005 bonuses this week! Whee! I won't be able to say how much we'll be getting, but it's like Christmas in March anyway. The money will go to debt or investment anyway. :-) Perhaps I can buy more Sirius stock...since the price is so damn low. ;-)

Sean Christmann, at work, is gone. The bastard quit and started a new job yesterday. So, no more video game talk at work. Bah!

Speaking of work, our office moves to the Denver Tech Center in less than 2 weeks. WHOA!

All is well with Michele and I. We've both had a few too many run-ins with doctors lately, but it's all over with now...maaaaaaaaybe. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home