Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Can I Get a Technical Editor, Please?!

posted by John Blanco @ 10:02 AM

 



Well, this is funny. So, I'm re-reading The Middlegame in Chess and I'm getting frusterated with all the typos in the chess notation that crept in when the book's chess notation was changed to algebraic notation.

I read about 50 pages, and finally just got fed up. Just about every page had an error...and they weren't mere typos, sometimes there are 7 or 8 in a row. It was incredibly annoying. Even diagrams were wrong!!!

So, I decide to leave a negative review on Amazon, and I discover there are already 8 reviews saying as much. So, I'm scanning through them and, hilarity ensues, because I alread left such a review almost three years ago!

My Amazon Review

So, I'm done reading the book. I have too many others like it to deal with the frickin' typos. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home