Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Beta: Code Cram

posted by John Blanco @ 9:33 PM

 



I've been working on a little project for a little while now called Code Cram. I'm actually designing it for a very important customer of mine:

Me.

The goal is to create a system that allows me to easily jump from language to language with minimal "refresh." I also aim to eliminate the language from the competent developer's skill requirements. To become great developers, we need to focus on great design and execution and not spend meaningless brain cycles recalling how to implement the language.

The hope with Code Cram is to build a reference guide that's between a cheatsheet and a book. It's designed for the developer that knows the language already, but because they must go between so many languages, it can get confusing to remember how to perform even some of the simple tasks.

Over the next weeks and months I'll perfecting the ActionScript material on Code Cram and authoring the reference for the other languages. I'd love to hear feedback. So check it out and let me know how it goes. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home