Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Ender Quartet

posted by John Blanco @ 12:37 PM

 

Just finished reading the Ender Quarter today. It consists of Ender's Game, which has become an absolute classic in it's own right. Following it were Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind.

I have to say, each book got progressively worse...although, the first two books were indeed great. Nothing, though, can come close to Ender's Game. A must read!

Most upsetting was Children of the Mind. This book was an absolute dud. I found myself even losing attention at parts. The whole book revolved around the meaning of life and a piece of the plot points from the previous two books. Decidedly lame.

My advice is to read the first two books in the series. If you love em both, read Xenocide. But, really, skip the last one. Let's see what it got on Amazon...............

3.5 stars. Blah. Too many.

After the Ender Quartet, Orson Scott Card wrote some others in the same Ender universe. The most interesting of these to me is actually the next one he wrote, Ender's Shadow. This book takes place during the first book, which makes it very appealing.

I think I'll read it at some point, but for now, gonna read some good ole Fantasy!

Incidentally, don't forget my book list. These are all the books I've read in my adult life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home