Monday, August 07, 2006

White and Nerdy

posted by John Blanco @ 11:40 AM

 

Yawn! Been a busy bee the last couple weeks. And even tho it's just Monday, I can use a break. :-)

I've been doing a lot of "extra" work lately. Namely, some part-time contract work that might be a little more part-time than I expected but it's still been fun and challenging work.

I'm doing Java ME development for a side company -- this is cell phone software, essentially. Also, as part of the workload, there's some other cool Web application stuff and even AJAX. For now, though, it's been exclusively Java ME.

It's been a while since I've done it. Remember Bite Size Studios? :-( Yeah, well, the same workforce is back in gear anyway (me). It took only a short while to get back in the Java ME groove again, even though it was called J2ME when I was doing it! ;-)

I look forward to getting in to these technologies again like Java and PHP, and I look forward to learning AJAX from scratch. And up next is some Blackberry work. Sweeeeet.

...

Michele is doing poorly and resting uncomfortably. :-) She's been saddled with constant nausea for, oh, a couple weeks now. Pleasant. Hopefully in a few weeks it will start to pass as she moves in to her second trimester. :-)

...

Over the weekend, we played our NES. Whoo! We're playing through a game that I had rented a few times when I was a kid, a real favorite of mine: Crystalis. I never solved it because of my short attention span, but Michele and I are getting closer now. It won't take that long.

Oh, and special kudos to my princess for solving New Super Mario Bros. this weekend! :-D She's a pro, now!

...

That's all I have to report for now. Have a good Monday, all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home