Sunday, August 14, 2005

OK OK...Next Please...

posted by John Blanco @ 1:12 PM

 

So, Black & White really isn't shaping up to be the game I thought it would be. Once you get past the early tutorial lessons, you're left with free reign over the following:

* Hearing your villagers whine and complain that they never have food.
* Bitch about wanting new homes.
* Being reminded of all the death that you caused because your villagers don't know where to find the food.
* Having your creature roam free whilst you do actual WORK and learn lessons you don't want it to. (Your creature will now be more hungy. WTF?)

So, it's been exhausting. I've quit for now...prolly for good. But I have a new little adventure, Sim City 3000 Unlimited, which has been great fun so far. So, my new (old) toy. :-)

Last night, Michele and I went over to our friends's house for a bit of a Summer Party. :-) Had great fund, with good treats, a nice table outside (you done good, K and Shawn!), and good chat with friends.

Today, Michele and I have run some errands and are otherwise playing games. :-)

Also, I should say that yesterday I finished "Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat Idiot." Great book! For now, I'm done with the Franken books and need to move on to a political book with more substance...such as en economics tome or the Bill Clinton autobiography, "My Life."

The next political book, that is. You see, I've just begun my re-reading of the entire Harry Potter series. :-) Book 1. I'm up to chapter 3. It's been great so far -- I've forgotten so much, and the first book carries so much charm. I'm probably gonna be reading a chapter or two a day, so it will be slow and steady. Ahhhhh.

Avatara is also going well. I have a list of new features I want to get done, but am taking some time now to clean up the most recent code I wrote. Things shaping up nicely. I still worry about gaphics in the future, but I'm still a long way away. My next several implemented features will lead me right up to the chess action! So, I'll be working on my chess engine soon -- FUN. :-)

OK, Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home