Thursday, July 14, 2005

Operation: Demo!

posted by John Blanco @ 10:05 PM

 

Babble, babble, bitch, bitch, rebel, rebel, party, party, sex, sex, sex, and don't forget the vi'lence...blah, blah, blah, got your lovey-dovey, sad-and-lonely, stick your stupid slogan in, everybody sing...

ARE YOU MOTHERF***ERS READY FOR THE NEW SH**?

OK...lots to report tonight. :-)

The DEMO IS COMPLETE! Tonight, I hooked in the final piece of the demo and now you can log in and out of the server, move your character around, and watch it move on the other screens! Very cool stuff. :-)

There's just one little bug, but I'm going to ignore it now. Every so often, the other character will kinda snap into place a few pixels ahead of schedule. It may be related to processing times...and I'm a loooooooong way from an optimized client. In fact, I know of some gross offenses to optimized code, but, I'll wait on all that.

My next steps will be to create a couple extra levels and to provide the player the ability to warp between zones. Should be pretty fun to do, and I'll be converting some "temporary" code into "production" code along the way to accomplish that.

Tomorrow, I'll spent some time designing these new features.

Also, yesterday, Michele and I went to our second JeffCo Young Dems meeting. The room was packed this time. We had people representing Be-The-Change there, including Bill Winter, a very inspiring guy. A woman representing "Yes on C and D" was there about Referendums C and D which are must-votes this Novemeber!

Also, Herb Rubenstein, a potential candidate for the 7th district for 2006 talked about his platoform. I'm 6th district, but it's still good to know who's who. Most everyone else was 7th district, so it was productive.

Michele and I are hosting a movie night next week, the 22nd, for the group. Will prolly be about 8 of us...hopefully more. We're going to watch OutFoxed and Bush's Brain. I've seen Bush's Brain before, but I'm very excited to see OutFoxed!

On July 29th, we're going to see Ed Schulz LIVE! Ed is a talk-show host out of North Dakota normally. He's coming to Denver live on the 29th...and Vincen, Kyle, Richard, Michele, and I are going to see him. Tickets are free as well. Nice!

The 29th is also, above all else, the Yog's birthday. ;-) Time is coming to decide what kind of gifts I'll be getting.

And, well, now it's getting late...time for sleep...tomorrow we're headed to a B&B to prep for the release of Harry Potter 6!!! Kevin, Annie, Michele and I are going to be reading all weekend...should be a great book!

I'll post pics as always. OK, g'night for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home