Sunday, June 12, 2005

Weekend Wrapup

posted by John Blanco @ 9:51 AM

 

What an assorted weekend!

Friday night the Yog and I treated ourselves to Claim Jumper...site of her Bachelorette Party and one our spoil-yourselves shindigs. I loved the salad bar there, but remind me not to get the chicken dish anymore. ;-)

Afterwards, we went to Highlands Ranch to see "Madagascar." Another good animated movie, though maybe not up there with the Nemo's of the world. Still...I like to move it, move it...I like to move it, move it...MOVE IT!

Saturday, we met up with the JeffCo Young Dems for some mini-golf at Putter's Pride. I'd never golfed there (haha), and it was pretty cool. They actually have three courses, too. I took first place on the strength of a strong back 9 (I averages a 2 score over the last 9 holes, including two holes-in-one.) The Yog ended with a, heh heh, 69. :-) The Young Dems are a very cool group...we also discussed upcoming events, so you know I'll be advertising those here.

Yesterday was also a big work day for us. Michele and I decided to redo our living room. We wanted to catty-corner (sp?) our TV instead of the way it was, facing across the room. There were problems with this:

1) Only the three people on the main couch could see the TV well.
2) You couldn't see the TV from the kitchen or dining area.
3) The TV wasn't accessible to the large span of the room, making things like "company" very hard to manage. :-)

We bought a new entertainment center for a wicked-good deal at Target. (Real wood, special brand!) Then we spent a while putting the thing together, together. After that, I disassembled (or is it dissembled? heh heh) the old entertainment center, which was quite emotional. I bought that entertainment center for my first apartment in downtown Denver...when I left college. I've carried along that POS since then...

And now it's rubble. :-)

The new living is AWESOME now! Not only is the TV perfectly placed and more easily viewable in so many ways (and it's even higher up, too), but now we have even more room for shelves and stuff, since the old entertainment center was a bad misuse of space.

The cost: two blisters on my right hand. :-( Hope they heal by worktime, tomorrow.

Today is rainy, so no mowing going on. Not sure what's on tap, except we absolutely must go food shopping. I'd like to work on Avatara a bit, there's a piece I've needed to get done for a week and I'd like to move past it. It involves GUI/screen-draw issues.

Mets play at 11. Last night was AWESOME! Marlon hits a game-typing, inside-the-park home run to tie it 2-2 in the 9th! Then, down 3-2 in the 10th, Cliff Floyd hits a 3-2, 2-out, walk-off home run to win it for the Mets 5-3!!! The real drama was the Mets had 2 on, none out when Beltran and Piazza each struck out. Had they lost it, it would've been a horrific sight.

OK...it just started pouring here again! MY Gosh! Is this frickin Seattle?! So much rain!

PS - The lawn loves it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home