Thursday, April 07, 2005

Java Web Start

posted by John Blanco @ 8:49 PM

 

Welp, the Dreamcast is sold and shipped. I bought the Java book I needed (only one hint per blog), but then got a Refund notice today. Doh! Out of stock! Curse you Amazon Marketplace! So, bought another one on eBay...from a local place, so hopefully I'll get it soon.

Part of my grand plan of Chess Avatara includes a Java piece. I spent the last couple days trying to figure out how I'll deploy it -- applet, window, hybrid? Then I remembered Java Web Start (JaWS), and checked on it and bingo! Perfect!

So, add JWS to the list of new technologies which will be involved in the venture. So far, I've had to get into the PHP and MySQL stuff. This weekend, I will set up the JWS framework. After that, I will do some network prototyping (OK, two hints)...and that should keep me busy whilst I wait for the Java book.

One of these days I need to check some old backups for some old Java code I wrote. It'd sure save me time if I still had that particular library... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home