Wednesday, April 06, 2005

eBay Drama! (dum, dum dummmmmm)

posted by John Blanco @ 8:58 PM

 

So, I decided to sell my Dreamcast, and all of my games, on eBay. Dreamcast is an older console system...not ancient...but Sega's last hardware release before folding into software-only. It's still a competitive system, and it competed with the PS2 and GameCube, but it's about to get blown away by the new crop of hardware and I don't play it anymore, and it's just taking up space, and...well... :-)

So, I put it in eBay. 7-day auction. On the last day, my sister calls to see what's up. I mention my DreamCast. She's all like, "Oooh, what's the product #?" and I give it to her...but I say she proll doesn't want it. My nephews already have an XBox and GameCube, so what's the point?

Anyway, she goes on and starts bidding. I email her: "Stop bidding. Trust me." But no. She keeps going...and guess what? She wins! (BTW, for those in the know, this would be Susan I'm referring to :-) )

Hmm.

One week later...

Still no payment from my sister. We'd resolved that I'd bring the Dreamcast with me when we road trip to NY in May (less than a month away!!!). But, no payment yet. Then, the email:


Whats up bro,,,,
I totally forgot about the sega.....michael told me
I won't like it for the
kids because the graphics are older now.....so how's
this idea.....of course I
will buy it if you don't agree...


GAWWWW!!!!!!! She ruined my auction! Gasp! So, I'm trying to resist flunking her on her eBay feedback. :-/ How laaaaaaaaame!

All was not lost though, I made a Second Chance Offer to the next highest bidder and she accepted. Sent it out today. And with my spoils comes my Java Game Programming book that I need to vitally. A good trade. :-)

As for Avatara, still chugging. Did some networking code yesterday, and resolved how I will do write some of the low-level details of said code. Today, I researched on some tools. I was generally less than impressed with the Mappy tool I used on Counterpart, so I needed a new one. And I found it...and how!

Subtle hints, but not the whole cheese... :-) Not yet.

So, over the next week, I hope to work and work to get some basic stuff functional. Can't do too much though til this book arrives, so I'll try to do some less-exciting stuff whilst I wait.

No problem. Got the rest of 2004 to finish. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home