Sunday, February 13, 2005

Counterpart Nears Completion!

posted by John Blanco @ 9:51 PM

 

Well that was a frickin' busy weekend!

Friday night, Michele and I went out to eat as is our usual tradition. Went to Chili's for a change to take advantage of a gift certificate she got at work. Nice! I went healthy with the Chicken Caesar as I'm trying to cut carbs again.

Saturday I had to work. Last Saturday, too, so not too bad! I have one more late night to work which is this Tuesday. Then, finally, some welcome relief! Next weekend is of the 3-day, with some fun events to enjoy, so I'm looking forward to this week big time! (See more below)

Saturday night, Michele and I hung out and relaxed. Watched Die Hard.

Today, we were going to go see "A Series of Unfortunate Events" at the theater, but Michele came down with a cold and cough. :-( So, she's spent a lot of the day taking it easy. It's almost 11 PM now, and she's been asleep since 6 PM. Poor girl. Day before Valentine's Day, too!

I got a TON done on Counterpart. I've nearly wiped out my whole list of tasks to do. I supercharged the game engine and managed to nearly DOUBLE the perormance of the game so now m Motorola V300 can play the game at 23 FPS!!! WHOOO!

I also added some little fancy effects such as a stone blink, tractor enhancements, and a "push" effect as some phones have the "nub" for control, and it can be a little sensitive.

OK...so here's the plan. I want to get ALL the remaining coding finished this week. And that's actually very, very little! The second beta is out, so I'll wait for feedback. In the meantime, I'm really going to spend my time adding a few more stones to the game and working on some other minor graphical issues (see title screen font below).

Then...this weekend, ALL of my effort will go towards level design and re-sorting the levels by difficulty. I need at least 50 levels to release. I have 7 now.

Do the math. :-)

I've posted the screenshots in the blog below. You'll see my splash screen (isn't that shark so cute??), the title screen with menu options, and a couple of levels below. As compared to the last screenshot you saw, the bulldozer character is the newest entry. The rest of the enhancements were all programmatical.

OK...Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home