Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Counterpart in Beta!

posted by John Blanco @ 8:31 PM

 

Whee!

I staved off boredom today by trying to work on Counterpart a little. It's hard to do when you have a cold and your head is ready to burst...hence why I didn't code in my day job. :-)

But, I got some stuff done. I added file-based levels (so the level data didn't need to be c+p'ed into code, and I fixed the Sprite class to supporting sprite animation better than even the book I copied it from did. :-)

The rest of the time I could work, I spent my time on the character art. Unfortunately, I had to abandon "Turner" as I realized that I couldn't support transparency in Counterpart (it's not MIDP 1.0 standard, and I want to avoid vendor-specific code.) So, I went with a little bulldozer. Quite good if you ask me. Better than a black box, anyway.

Things are packaged up and I released it for beta! So far, I've gotten feedback from one person who said they liked the game (yeah!), but "what is that supposed to be, a bulldozer?" heheheh...

So, maybe back to the drawing board. :-)

If you're interested in trying out the beta, WAP to:

wap.bitesizestudios.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home