Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Life is a Hurricane

posted by John Blanco @ 8:39 PM

 

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Life is a hurricane when it comes to being busy. You go through periods of madness, followed by quiet -- and then BACK to madness.

My development firm, Rapture In Venice, has been successful. I've managed to keep a somewhat steady stream of work, and it's allowed us to be a SI household. But, there have been times that have felt like I'm running through a doughnut!

Just a couple months ago, work was crazy, I had a come-and-go client very much a-coming. Tasks for a second client, and I was going a little mental. Then, no work for a month. Just a few days ago, I felt a little bored.

Well, that changed quick. :-)

First, I landed a contract for an iPhone app. My first independent contract, though my 5th app (wait, let me see, Shapes and Colors, Task List, Secret App, Secret App, Wite Box, and then there's iStrip which I've started...), well, OK OK, 6th and a half app. :-) Happy with it. Cool project. Cool boss man.

Second, another contract may be coming. I'm not optimistic, but I should hear real soon. Also iPhone. 7th and a half app.

Third, work is starting on a Flex project that has been simmering for a while, but now is ready to burn. Some new Flex stuff, too, so will be fun.

So, three projects...and OTHER possible work! Suffice to say, I won't go more than three. Chances are it won't happen anyway. On top of it all, though, two projects will lead to other work. So, I'll be busy!

Also, a new project at work is coming. I can't discuss it, but let's just say it is absolutely fitting for me. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home