Thursday, September 11, 2008

Finally, the Obvious: Sarah Palin Isn't Qualified

posted by John Blanco @ 7:06 PM

 

I'm surprised, I figured this Charlie Gibson interview would be a designed cakewalk. After all, the media is fighting for the first interview. Can you believe she hasn't been frickin' interviewed yet??? Jesus Christ.

So, here ya go:


FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska - John McCain running mate Sarah Palin sought Thursday to defend her qualifications but struggled with foreign policy, unable to describe President Bush's doctrine of pre-emptive strikes against threatening nations and acknowledging she's never met a foreign head of state.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Republican vice presidential nominee told Charles Gibson of ABC News in her first televised interview since being named to the GOP ticket that "I'm ready" to be president if called upon. However, she sidestepped on whether she had the national security credentials needed to be commander in chief.

Palin, 44, has been Alaska's governor for less than two years and before that was a small-town mayor. She was McCain's surprise selection for the No. 2 slot on the ticket, raising questions about her readiness to serve in the White House, particularly during wartime.

McCain has defended her qualifications, citing her command of the Alaska National Guard and Alaska's proximity to Russia.


That bit about Alaska's proximity to Russia as a QUALIFICATION always makes me laugh. I guess they think if they keep saying it, people will just believe it. It just makes my sides hurt cause I laugh at it more and more. :-)

She's not qualified. Any idiot can tell you that. Now, can we stop with American Idol and get back to the Presidential Election???

1 Comments:

Blogger Arthur FItt said...

It's nowhere near over. Talking to my friend at work yesterday he shocked me by saying "Of the 4 candidates for pres and vp I would vote for Palin for president".

So I stew on it all night. Come up with my list of the 5 biggest lies of the Palin mythology.

He doesn't care about or believe they are lies. I'm not sure which. But says she's the only one with executive governing experience. So that makes her more qualified. Except for maybe McCain because he's served in the military.

And this guy says he's an independent.

I am losing my minde.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home