Saturday, January 19, 2008

LIVEBLOGGING - Phone Banking for Obama

posted by John Blanco @ 9:45 AM

 

Ever wonder what phone banking for a political candidate is like? Well, I'm liveblogging the 30 or so calls I need to make today. So here goes. :-)

Peggie - Greeted with a "no solicitations" automated message. Guess I'm hanging up.

Linn - My friend, Linn, and not on my list. But I figure I needed to practice my delivery. :-) Linn supports Obama! WHOO!

Toni - Uhhh, there's no phone # listed. I think Sharleen canvassed this house and no one was home.

Hector - NO NUMBER!

Patricia - No answer. Not going to leave a message because they'd never call back anyways.

James - NO NUMBER! Who will be my first call recipient??

Andrew and Elaine - Elaine answered! And she was very nice. She is leaning Hillary. I invited her to the Obama house party if she was looking for more info, but she declined. Finally, a call. ;-) Thank you, Elaine!

Alexander - Another good call. They are undecided. Leaning Obama he thinks, though, but his wife is like mine and also not sure. Very nice, and he called me bud. He was interested in the house party and I gave him info on that. This is getting a little easier for me now. Cedric is awake, but playing by himself, so we'll see how many calls I can do. ;-)

Lorraine - A neighbor down the street. She wasn't home but the hubbie asked what I was calling for. I told him who I was and he interrupted and asked me to stop calling. Brave, since I already said I was his neighbor. I'll teepee his house tonight...KIDDING!

Doreen - Undecided. Was nice.

Cyndi - Answering machine.

Salwa - No number again.

Tracy - Answering machine.

Emily - No number.

Joshua - Answering machine. Though it was quick, and I accidentally started responding to it. They fooled me!

Susan - No number.

Iris, and a bunch of others as I've gone on a streak! - No answer.

Daniel - Doesn't know and is not going to caucuses. Bah.

Heather - Very nice and undecided. Going to caucuses.

All done! Whew. Ya feel bad calling people and interrupting their day, but most everyone was pleasant on the phone. The other half just don't answer their phone -- sorta like Michele and I. :-)

Time to call Sharleen.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Blanco said...

Not to say I don't agree with, but, shut up.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Marshall said...

Yea, how dare you get involved and try to connect with your neighbors. I mean when the British were coming, did you see people heading to the streets trying to rally their neighbors? - No they stayed in their private house and then registered to stop being harassed by these rebels. Maybe I like colonel rule, deal with it, plus my daughter might need a nap. Don't be that jerk on horseback, yelling at the top of his lungs waking everyone up. How Rude!

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home