Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Elmore Leonard, Really?

posted by John Blanco @ 7:20 PM

 

It's occurred to me over the last few weeks that I really love to read during my commute. The revelation began when I decided to read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons (it is so hard for me, as a software developer, to not type daemons let me tell you).

I consumed it in less than a week. I'd read it while I walked to the bus, on the bus, on the train, and while walking to work. When I was done, I was sad. I had such a fun time, but back to work for me, right?

Well, no. I decided to finish the collection of my favorite author, Mr. Brown, and read Digital Fortress That also took about 4 days. So, done again. Today, I was quite bored on the train. Aside from doing real work, I missed reading.

So, I pored over our library this evening and I'll now read Freaky Deaky by Elmore Leonard. Funny story behind Mr. Leonard...I was turned on to him while reading books on writing fiction. I loved the style -- the excellent dialogue. So I bought this book, and I think I read the first several chapters, then stopped.

So, time to start again. Who knows, maybe I'll go through his whole collection, too, whilst I wait for Dan Brown's new book next year, The Solomon Key starring Robert Langdon once again. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home