Saturday, March 31, 2007

I Am Running For Congress!

posted by John Blanco @ 9:43 PM

 

I am bursting with pride to finally announce this as this has literally been weeks in preparation. Dealing with this birth of my first son and all sorts of work-related issues has made it challenging, but Colorado Congressional laws restricted me from making this announcement until today.

I will be running for US Congress in 2006.

As a resident of the 6th Congressional district of Colorado (CO-06) for over 3 years, I have seen our current Representative, Tom Tancredo, use immigration as his platform in a district where we don't have that problem. I don't believe bombing Mecca will solve the situation in the Middle East. Bill Winter, who ran against Tancredo in 2006, and losing valiantly, has inspired me to try the same.

Another reason for announcing my candidacy is that Rep. Tom Tancredo will be announcing his run for the US Presidency on Monday. Our district is in need of leadership that will focus on the needs of this beautiful area of Colorado -- not be distracted by unaffected immigration laws and Presidential aspirations! We can't afford Mr. Tancredo's me-first representation no longer. Now let me give you a few reasons why I feel the most qualified to be our new Representative, and why I want your vote.

First, Congress today is too overloaded with doctors, lawyers, land sharks, elites, etc. For those who don't know me well, I am a professional software developer. This is a representation you will not currently find in the House of Representatives, or the Senate for that matter. I bring valuable C++ and Java experience which may come in handy for legislation concerning online poker, video game ratings, and the Internet. Do we really want Ted Stevens in charge of this?

Secondly, I am a recent graduate of Colorado State University. While I attended from 1995-98, I only received my degree in 2005 due to a change in graduation requirements. While most US Congressmen (and women) have law degrees that date back to the 1940's in some cases, I bring modern education and a breath of fresh air to the NCLB debate. No, Mr. Stevens, the Internet is *not* a series of tubes!

Thirdly, and finally, this is a career change I have been training in for quite a while. I am ready for this challenge. I have been following politics for 3 years now. I've ready many political books including Al Franken, Byron Dorgan, and Markos Moulitsas (sp?). These are the power players in today's new media of politics and my heroes. I hope to carry on their honor as well.

With this announcement comes my asking for help. Although the election is 19 months away, your financial support is needed. Please pledge $100, $50, $25, or whatever you can at my Web site, Blanco for Congress '08. In addition, I will need volunteers. Again, whatever help you can provide will be appreciated.

America has been dragged down by this Bush Administration and the Republicans whom have been in charge for so many years. Vote John Blanco for Congress -- for change.

3 Comments:

Blogger James said...

running in 2006 would be quite the feat, happy April Fools.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to Rep. Tancredo in the race.

I'm glad he is Congress to oppose rewarding millions of illegal aliens that have deliberately violated federal criminal immigration laws with legal status and a path to citizenship.

9:12 PM  
Blogger John Blanco said...

Yeah, Mr. Anonymous, you let me know who's going to fund the effort to root all the illegals out and maybe I'll listen to you.

Oh, and let me know when you will stop supporting CHEAP LABOR CONSERVATIVES, you frickin hypocrite. :-)

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home