Saturday, July 15, 2006

100+ Degrees for Progressive Values

posted by John Blanco @ 4:23 PM

 

Whoa, nelly! It is hot to-day!

Michele and I, who enjoyed the AC on this 100+ degree day in the morning, ventured out at noon to Sloan's Lake Park to be part of a commercial. :-)

The commercial was filmed by Progress Now, a local Colorado progressive action group. It's a spoof on the Verizon ads where the oh-so-obnoxious Verizon guy has his "network" standing behind him.

Michele and I played part of the network, along with about 30-40 others who showed up for the filming. :-) In addition, there was a Verizon guy, a Marilyn Musgrave lady, and then another actress who tells James Dobson that he has no right to judge how Christian she is.

It'll be a good ad. I believe it will be a viral video rather than on-air commercial (a lot cheaper), and I'll post it when it's all edited. :-)

...

In other Saturday events, we picked up Linn on the way to the commercial filming who's just back from Costa Rica. Welcome back, Linn!

Also, I solved Lost Magic. WHOO! The game was getting impossible near the end, but I battled through and whew...all done! I'm gonna take a week off from gaming due to a busy schedule this week...then get started on Final Fantasy IV. :-)

Mmmmm, and taco salad for dinner!

OK...doing some yardwork in a couple hours, when the sun has gone down a ways. The lawn has gone 2 weeks without mowing thanks to last weekend's Seattle-like rainy weather.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

I wish the rain would come back. I hate this heat!!!!!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Aww, thanks, it's good to be back. But I thought it would be COOLER than Costa Rica. Hmph.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home