Saturday, April 08, 2006

New Chess Avatara Screenshot

posted by John Blanco @ 5:59 PM

 



Here's a look at the in-game screen from Chess Avatara. Once again, all the graphics are temporary, but I did take a shot at a layout possibility with the giants pawns on the right.

On each screen, you see a gameboard (the color you play is always on bottom), your username, rating (not real yet), who's turn it is, and I have room for the pieces that have been taken off the board.

The sound effects and a red-line for movement is there. The only thing missing right now is a pawn promotion dialog, but that is my goal for tomorrow. Until that's in, you can't play a "real" game of chess.

You can also ignore the buttons on the bottom right. Those are just placeholders until I get the functionality working.

Overall, I'm excited! I can't wait to start working on the subtle details. I've almost got the functionality all in place...and then the fun begins! I especially can't wait to hook this puppy up to the database so the whole ZaBlanc-XX crap is over with. ;-)

...

Quick update for the day, Michele and I went to Linn's last night and had a good socializin' time. Today, we went biking for, ahem, the first time in our house. And yes, we've been here almost 3 years. Weird, eh?

But now it is Costco time -- for our refrigerator is empty. :-) Mmmmm, Costco frozen pizzas......

1 Comments:

Blogger Marshall said...

I challange you to a duel!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home