Saturday, March 25, 2006

A-Movin' on...Up?

posted by John Blanco @ 1:38 PM

 

Friday was the last day at the InsureWorx office on S. Colorado Blvd. I remember the day I interviewed there, September of 2003. Wearing my starched shirt and tie, I trekked the 45 minutes to the area of Colorado Blvd. I hate the most, right by Mississippi.

Talk about urban wasteland. That road gets backed up harder than Kobayashi on the 4th of July. And over the last 2.5 years, I've hated the commute. Loved the job (for the most part). Hated the commute.

So, when we were told we were looking to move, I was excited! Unfortunately, the location choice was another nasty urban wasteland: The Denver Tech Center.

Well, Michele and I visited it today. The plus side is, we got there pretty quick -- in under 25 minutes. Of course, it's a Saturday. :-)

The building is pretty nice, and we did some walking and I discovered that the Sonic and Quiznos in the area -- are walking distance! Very cool. There's also a 7-11 you can reach, a chinese place, and a Pudge Bros. Pizza. All that is enough for me.

The down side is that it's the Tech Center. My commute will switch to C-470...and I haven't been a big fan of it lately. Another un-perk is that the parking garage is detached from the building, so those not-so-great weather days will be a bother -- because before I could go from garage to garage and back without elemental exposure. :-)

Another plus, though, is the outdoor area of the building is nice. There are tables, chairs, umbrellas...could be a nice place to take your work outside and enjoy the day. Perhaps I should ask for a laptop? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home