Monday, November 07, 2005

Drowning in the Pool

posted by John Blanco @ 9:09 AM

 

Lately, I've been drowning a bit in things I need to get done. So, excuse me for a moment, whilst I blog for myself. :-)

In terms of games I'm playing, let's list em out: Guild Wars, Super Mario 64 DS, and Final Fantasy. Now, I haven't played Guild Wars since before Chris's visit, so I need to get back on that one. As for Mario 64 DS, I want to keep that going as it's helping my DS touch-screen ability which will help in future games...plus I like it.

Final Fantasy has gone on for a long time. Remember, I started playing this game when Michele and I were playing Minish Cap! I needed a game to play while I waited for her to stop playing her session. I am STILL playing it! Not only that...I only have 1 of 4 crystals glowing, so I have a long way to go.

So -- in terms of games -- what I need to do is get a Guild Wars session in soon, start pushing on Final Fantasy, and limit Mario to a couple stars a day and keep it a more low and steady progression.

...

The big priority, the side company, is Chess Avatara. Right now, I am in a holding pattern as I work on "Marauder's Map," the map editor for Avatara. I've promised to finish it by the end of Novemeber, though I didn't forsee my laptop hard drive frying! :-( I will still push forward to finish it by end of November, but I'll give myself a pass if I fail to accomplish the goal.

Avatara will still take many, many more months to complete. Admittedly, I have a lot of framework done, but the game isn't fleshed out at all. It still needs graphics, level designs, and tie-in to the database. Obviously, a January 2006 release is impossible. In fact, it still may take a majority of 2006 to finish this thing.

Boy, I hope it will all be worth it. :-)

...

As for other activities, we're finishing up the firesale of GBA equipment as Michele and I have eached bought the Nintendo DS! I have the teal bundle, she has the pink. Both are way cool, and we're glad we waited. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home